Stampin Up! Demonstrator

Please contact me to order fabulous Stampin Up! products to make your amazing projects.

Friday, May 13, 2011

Colour Q Challenge #84

Hallelujah!
Blogger is working again. I wanted to post my card yesterday and couldn't. I have NOT been patiently waiting for Blogger to work again. But it is up now and I am very happy! :)  I am excited to show you my card!


Once again, here I am with my ColourQ card for Challenge #84

Here is the color palette:

These colors screamed ‘Rock Star’ to me, so that is what I ran with this week. 


I LOVE stars and I was excited that I could implement them in my card this week.

I have to thank my dear friend Andrea for letting me borrow a stamp pad.  This card wouldn’t have worked without it!  Thanks again so much!!
I had my card all made and then decided that it needed the ‘grunge factor’.  So I distressed it, inked the edges of the card and then cut some ‘holes’ in the background paper to mimic those found in distressed jeans.  I also wadded up the star strip to give that the weathered look. 

I really did use the Daffodil Delight!  Just have to look closely to see it.  (Matting the Old Olive embossed star paper).
I think this is a fun card.  Let me know what you think!  Your comments make my day!!
I also wanted to mention that I never look at the samples or others uploaded work for that
challenge until my card is done.  That way, I know my creation is my own.  But then I LOVE seeing what everyone else makes!  Everyone is so creative!
Supplies:
Cardstock: Stampin Up!, DCWV, other; Stamps: Inkadinkadoo, Kelly Panacci for SandyLion, Autumn Leaves; Punches: Stampin Up!, Fiskars, EK Success; Ink: Stampin Up!; Cuttlebug and Embossing Folders: Provo Craft, Embossing Powder: American Crafts; Paper Distresser: Making Memories; Adhesives: Glue Dots and Pop Dots.

4 comments:

  1. Great card for a teen! I love how cool this is:) Thanks for joining us at CQC this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card, Heather! Love how you used your colors. Thanks for playing with us at the CQC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun mix of elements! Love the way you distressed the card to add to the grunge factor. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this! So so fabulous, and I totally see rocker with these colours. Awesome card! Thanks for playing along with us at ColourQ. :)

    ReplyDelete